Read the first part here: http://healbyeft.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/learning-the-art-of-white-magic/
But to train our mind, which has been seeking love from outside world from many lives and suddenly to turn it towards the unseen force of love of god, is the most difficult thing to do.
Is there any easy way to surrender to god, or to train our mind which is not used to that process till now?
How did you learn the alphabets? Was it not difficult at the young age of 4 or 5? Are you still finding it difficult?
Nothing is easier. There is no short cut.
How do you turn inward?
When there is anger, what we do? We see the person outside, react to what he says and then the altercation starts.
When any emotion is kindled, check yourself from participating. Instead, go within yourself and ask, “Why this anger in me? From where (inside me), it is coming?”
If the physical indication points to me – my hunger and thirst, I immediately satiate my hunger and quench my thirst. Similarly if there is anger in me, I have to release it, instead of inciting it.
Try this with any of your emotions and thoughts. Release anything as and when it arises. Just say, “Can I release this? Say I release this anger…”
“My wife is very possessive and highly interfering”.
Take one quality of your wife at a time.
Assume that quality is within you. In fact, you will be having those qualities inside you. That’s why you have attracted her to you.
Now, do the following, taking one quality a day:
- First day: “I release my interfering nature to Chicory.” Keeping this intention in mind, chant “CHICORY”.
- Second day: “I release my possessive nature to Chicory”. Chant “CHICORY”.
- Third day: “I release my insecurities to Chicory”. Chant “CHICORY”.
While doing the above exercise, please do the following too:
- Be sure to thank the opposite person for revealing the inadequacies and shortcomings inside you.
- Reflect on your past, find out whether you have exhibited these qualities towards others, and then release them to Chicory.
This does not mean that there is no place for emotions in life. However, they should be used as different tool and then they had to be let go. There is place for anger too, but if it not forgotten or released then it becomes a rancor.